We run a variety of services for families and the Local Authority which enhance our provision and expand our expertise.
Our Nursery clubs offer play based sessions to under 4s in the community whether they have a previous link to Woodlands or not.
Each session is open to families who have a concern about their under-4’s physical or sensory development.
The sessions take place at Woodlands School and aim to offer families the opportunity to join a group of other parents and carers in relaxed play sessions with their children. The Woodlands staff are on hand to lead sessions and offer support where needed.
Please contact the school if you are interested in joining.
Click on the logo to find out more about Play Together
Run on Wednesday afternoons, Play Together includes timetabled sessions focusing on a particular theme such as senses, nature, and festivals.
Sessions include a social snack time and activity. We request a donation of £5 per half-term, to help towards materials and snacks.
Click below to download our latest timetable.
Aquatots is a swimming group for children who are not yet attending full time school. We offer our specialist facilities, free of charge, giving parents with young children support and the opportunity to meet others. We specifically provide these sessions for young children who have physical difficulties and/or severe visual or hearing impairments.
Sessions are run by the nursery staff team who are able to offer advice on methods of promoting physical development and also on the development of visual and auditory skills through sensory stimulation.
The nursery is available before the swimming session so parents can get to know one another. This enables people to chat, ask questions and observe their children interacting with others as well as settling children ahead of the swimming session.
The aims of Aquatots is:
- To enable parents of children with special needs or severe visual/hearing impairments to meet together in a relaxed environment, to share experiences and enjoy each others company.
- To introduce children to the benefits of water-based activity.
- To use water to work with the children to improve their motor skills.
- To allow children to relax in the water and enjoy a sociable time whilst also receiving good movement to assist their mobility.
- To offer support and advice to parents of children with physical and/or sensory disabilities, and to assess and monitor their children’s progress.
Aquatots runs on Friday afternoons.