Woodlands Outreach Support and Advisory Service
About our Service
Woodlands School to provide advice and information on developing access to the curriculum to mainstream schools across the city that provide places for pupils with complex physical disability.
This service is provided in the form of advice, training and the sharing of best practice and is part of a programme of development for schools to build capacity and develop expertise across the city.
What we do
The Outreach Support and Advisory Service (PD/ICT) works in cooperation with Plymouth schools to support individuals who have physical and ICT needs to successfully access mainstream education.
The Outreach Service aims to:
- support pupils to access the curriculum in order to encourage independence and recording of work in school.
- provide support, training and advice in manual handling.
- provide ICT training, advice and assessments that are personalised to individuals.
- provide training and advice to promote the development of fine and gross motor skills.
- offer an equipment loans service.
- support pupils, families and schools at times of transition.
- liaise with other services from health, education and social services in order to provide coordinated support to both the family and school.