Attendance at school
Regular attendance at school is one of the most important drivers of pupil progress towards their educational outcomes. At Woodlands, we have many inclusive approaches to ensuring children get the most out of school and that they attend as often as they can. Below you can read out school's attendance strategy and find out what we are doing to improve school attendance since the pandemic started.
We have comprehensively reviewed our school's Attendance Policy and you can read about this here
In the policy, we cover the following aspects of school attendance:
- Parent and carer roles in securing good attendance
- Processes for managing absences and how parents / carers should report absences
- Attendance intervention strategies
- Reduced timetable arrangements, application and review processes
- Applications for pupil leave of absence - for all exceptional circumstances (hospice visits, term time holidays, religious event attendance, etc)
You can get any of these forms from the school office. E forms are currently being produced and will be available on this page shortly.
If you are worried about any aspect of your child's school attendance, always come and talk to us.