Home school agreement
Parents, Carers, Guardians, pupils and school staff all need to work together to provide a good education in a happy and safe environment.
The School will:
- Encourage pupils to do their best at all times.
- Encourage pupils to show respect for each other and their surroundings.
- Ensure staff demonstrate respect and afford dignity to pupils.
- Provide a balanced, person-centred curriculum.
- Inform parents / carers/ Guardians of their child’s progress.
- Inform parents / carers/ Guardians about what the teachers aim to teach each term.
- Contact parents / carers/ Guardians when there is a problem or a concern.
We expect that Parents, Carers and Guardians will try to:
- Make sure the child is ready for school transport.
- Make sure the child attends on time and regularly providing an explanation the same day if their child is absent.
- Make an appointment to see members of school staff or to see their child in lessons.
- Attend Parents' Evenings and Review Meetings.
- Take an interest in the life of the School and their child’s work.
- Contact the school if they feel there is a concern or a complaint.
- Support the child in homework activities and home learning.
We expect the child will try to:
- Be friendly and helpful and polite.
- Behave well.
- Take care of equipment and surroundings.
- Try to do their best.
- Tell an adult if there is a concern or a complaint.
- And above all enjoy their time here at Woodlands.