Woodlands School works with, and supports, many partners in the community and beyond.
Partnerships and Support provided by Woodlands
- Provision of high quality outreach support for pupils with Physical disabilities in over 60 schools across Plymouth in Early Years, Primary and Secondary phases.
- Schools are also invited to participate in activities organised by Woodlands such as Woodfest, Multi-cultural Arts week and school performances.
- Weekly inclusion links with Eggbuckland Vale HI Unit.
- Links with various primary schools - supporting the inclusion of young people with complex disabilities.
- Plympton St Mary’s Infant School - inclusion support.
- Weekly hydrotherapy support provided for four primary schools, one secondary college and one special school.
- Project Ability Outreach to schools across Plymouth, South East Cornwall and West Devon.
- Plymouth Learning Partnership (PLP) – SEN Hub Partner with Brook Green School; Mill Ford School; ACE Schools AP; Plymouth SEND Team. Promoting excellence in SEN support.
- Schools Partnerships Programme: We are working in a school improvement cluster with Prince Rock Primary, Sailsbury Road Primary, Woodfield Primary, St Pauls Primary, Montpelier primary and Stoke Damerell Academy.
Partnerships for Strengthening our Community
- Partnership working with Sir John Hunt College and Whitleigh Primary School; our Plymouth North West Learning Trust.
- Whitleigh Community – close working relationships with various local businesses including Co-Op store, Porky’s Café and Warren’s Bakery.
- PLUSS – support for work experience placements and opportunities for work related learning.
- Plymouth Life Centre – Events management and execution.
- Babcock International – Funding support for Inclusive Tennis Club.
- Lloyds Bank – Community funding and on going support.
- Crownhill Fire Station, Blue and Green watch teams.
- Plymouth University – ICT and psychology department links.
- Marjon and Plymouth Universities – SEND Teaching course links.
- Training placements provided: offered to students in teaching, Educational Psychology, Psychology, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Teaching Assistants, Health and Social Care.