Values & Ethos
Our mission at Woodlands School is to:
Provide a supportive and inclusive environment which offers equality of opportunity to all.
Encourage self-confidence, a realisation of self-worth and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Foster creativity and self-expression, physicality and high engagement with technology through all that we offer.
- Support children and adults to grow holistically and reach their full potential.
We aim to:
- Make a real difference to the families and young people we support.
- Create a happy, secure and supportive learning environment, rich in creativity and challenge.
- Ensure that every pupil has a voice that is valued.
- Offer every pupil full and equal access to all areas of the curriculum, taking into account developmental needs through personalised learning.
- Help each pupil achieve the greatest possible degree of personal independence.
- Prepare each pupil for life beyond school, encouraging a sense of self-worth and recognition of themselves as part of the community.
- Integrate therapies with curriculum activities wherever possible.
- Value all adults’ and pupils’ contributions to the school’s progress and celebrate success and achievement.
- Foster self-confidence, a high degree of responsibility and respect for self and others.
- Ensure all adults access appropriate training and encourage development to reach their full potential.
The development of every person matters at Woodlands. We make sure of it.