Values & Ethos
Our mission at Woodlands School
We want our children to be the best they can be and have the opportunities to make the most of their abilities and skills in an inclusive environment.
We will ensure:
- Children have fun and success in their learning,
- All our children receive personalised learning and support,
- Our children benefit from inclusive experiences of education from early years to transition,
- Our families are supported in their journey,
- Staff have the opportunities to develop their skills and expertise,
- We provide access to nourishing short breaks which enable eligible children and young people to continue learning and being active.
Our environment, multiple curriculums and approach is fun and this maximises life skills and independence.
We aim to:
Make a real difference to the families and young people we support.
Create a happy, secure and supportive learning environment, rich in creativity and challenge.
Ensure that every pupil has a voice that is valued.
Offer every pupil full and equal access to all areas of the curriculum, taking into account developmental needs through personalised learning.
Help each pupil achieve the greatest possible degree of personal independence.
Prepare each pupil for life beyond school, encouraging a sense of self-worth and recognition of themselves as part of the community.
Integrate therapies with curriculum activities wherever possible.
Value all adults’ and pupils’ contributions to the school’s progress and celebrate success and achievement.
Foster self-confidence, a high degree of responsibility and respect for self and others.
Ensure all adults access appropriate training and encourage development to reach their full potential.
The development of every person matters at Woodlands. We make sure of it.